Thursday, October 6, 2011

VEGGIE RECIPE

THE TOUGHEST PART OF THE JUICE DIET is making drinkable vegetable based drinks. A good basic drink is 1/3 apples, 1/3 carrots. and 1/3 celery. You can use fewer carrots if you find they are too strong (I find they have a strong, earthy flavor I don't like much). I am going to experiment next week by adding tabasco sauce and curry into this basic drink.

The fruit drinks are much more palatable. This morning I had a drink of 1/2 green grapes and 1/2 red grapes to which I added a peach and an apple.

Another obstacle for me (I tend to be a bit lazy when it comes to food) is having to clean the juicer a lot. My remedy last night was to juice my morning fruit drink first. I put it in a glass, sealed the top with cellophane, and stored it in the fridge for my morning meal. I then juiced my veggie drink for the evening (the recipe above).

Juice your fruit first as any residue won't matter in the veggie juice (since I often add fruit to veggie drinks anyway). Veggie drinks taste better when they are fresh and don't store very well. They turn slightly brown and get a strange texture. I definitely don't recommend pre-juicing vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment